Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cafe Masala - 5th Floor - Eva Mall

After reading so many good things about the buffet at Café Masala on burrp! I had no choice but to try it..!!

I went there with a friend who had come down from the US and another Vinay who has always had the advantage of being the "good Vinay" between the 2 of us...you bet I was completely bowled over at their big bang buffet spread..!!

I will just list the dishes that were on offer:
  • Two soups (Veg & Non-Veg) & crackers for company
  • Two types of bread (I call them buns)
  • Three types of veg salads and Two non veg salads
  • Lettuce bowl
  • Some meat slices (which looked just like cucumber and carrot slices)
  • Pizza
  • Two veg starters. Two Non veg starters (do fried fish and hara bara kabab qualify?)
  • Another Two non-veg dishes
  • Veg Pasta
  • Veg Biriyani
  • Do-it-yourself chat counter
  • Two veg gravies
  • Two non veg gravies
  • Another two veg dishes and two non-veg dishes
  • White Rice
  • Dal or something to accompany white rice
  • Choice of bread (roti, kulcha etc. made after you ask for it)
  • Chocolate fountain
  • Marsh mellows (sticks provided to poke them and dip into chocolate)
  • Fresh fruit bowl
  • Three types of Mousse
  • Two types of cakes
  • Chocolate chips and raisins for garnishing your desserts
  • Soft brownies and chocolate cakes(apart from the cakes mentioned above)
  • Two flavours of icecream
  • Kulfi
  • Avocado Gelato
I am sure I have left out few more dishes but hey, thats all I can remember after bombarded with so much choice!

Completely overwhelmed, after the experience here, I’ve never been satisfied with any other buffet. Don’t know if its wrong to compare, but, unconsciously I do..!!

This I call – The Big Bang Effect..!!

No comments: